On most of my social media profiles, I have dubbed myself “Kitchen Magician and Sorceress of Supper.” A lofty and ambitious title. But on normal nights, as I prepare my ten thousandth bowl of lentils, I often wonder where the fairy dust has gone.
Luckily, inspiration can still strike and a new wonder can be born. Behold, such a wonder! The Sausage and Cheese Personal Pan Pizza – veganized and de-glutened!
The base is just my chickpea flour omlette. The “sausage” is pre-cooked, crumbled tempeh. If the tempeh is ready, the whole thing comes together in 10 mins and cooks in another 15. I have literally eaten this every single day for the past week! Yummmmmyyy!!
This dish is also a nutritional powerhouse. With just 360 calories, it has 28g of protein, 8g of fiber, 1/4 of your daily requirement for iron and 1/3 your daily requirement of calcium!
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 2 Tbsp salsa or tomato sauce or water
- 2 Tbsp water
- 50 g crumbled and cooked tempeh (just crumble in a pan and cook until lightly browned)
- 2 Tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 slice vegan cheese or 2 Tbsp vegan cheese shreds
- 2 Tbsp onion, sliced (or whatever veggies you like on your pizza)
- several slices jalapeno or other hot pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 200C / 400F.
- Lay a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Mix chickpea flour, salsa or tomato sauce and water in a bowl and stir until combined.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high and spray cooking spray or add a few drops of oil to coat.
- Pour batter into hot pan, gently smoothing out from the center, until you have a round about 6 inches (15cm) across.
- Let cook for a few minutes until bottom is browning.
- Gently flip to other side and cook a few more minutes until lightly browned.
- Slide omlette onto center of parchment paper covered baking sheet.
- In a bowl mix tomato sauce and tempeh and then spread it on top of crust.
- Add vegan cheese, onions, peppers and any other vegetables you like.
- Bake 15 mins until all crisp and melty. You can broil for the last few minutes if you wish.
This post is participating in Wellness Weekend!