As we ready ourselves to put the cap on 2013, and I look back at the goals I set for this year, I must first confess to being absolutely shocked that an entire year has really passed since I wrote those goals! I remember when I was a kid, sometimes I would close my eyes at night only to open them literally one second later to find it was already morning. That is how I am feeling right now about 2013! Am I in some time warp? How did 12 months pass in what felt like one day??
After I overcome my time warp shock, the next part of what I do in preparing for the new year is to go through my calendar and list all of the things I accomplished in 2013. Here are some highlights of my 2013 accomplishment list:
- I worked with the most amazing clients this year! I have put in a lot of effort toward getting super clear on who I want to work with, and on NOT working with those I cannot help. This really came to fruition in 2013. So much better for me and so much better for the clients!
- I produced and hosted a successful, sold-out cooking class for someone else which gave me the confidence to think about trying my own group classes again. Stay tuned!
- I automated my booking system and streamlined much of my work processes which gave me much more time to work on higher impact things.
- I wrote a lot of articles for a lot of different websites and my own, gaining me followers, clients, and subscribers.
- I conquered my fear of the weight room and started seriously changing my physique in a way that will prevent the above from happening so easily ever again! (more on that soon as well…)
- I conquered TWO other huge personal fears that scared the shit out of me. Did it, did it, done!
- I ran a Half Marathon with my hubs!
- And I traveled, man did I travel! A beyond romantic weekend with my sweetie in Paris. We also traveled all over Israel, went to Jordan, New York, Canada, and Indiana. Seems like I hardly put my passport away all year!
When looked at in retrospect, this year was a spectacular work of art and I have NOTHING to complain about.
But those goals I set last year and didn’t accomplish? That “break out year” I intended to have? The obstacles that are STILL looming large in my path? Those things are wigging me out, dudes!
For 2014, I will take a second look at the un-accomplished goals and ask WHY are they unaccomplished? Did I just lose sight of them in the busyness of day-to-day life? Perhaps they don’t fit me quite right the way they are phrased? Can I see how they relate to the BIG PICTURE of what I want to create with my life? Do they need smaller steps and/or more accountability?
If 2013 was any indication, 2014 will pass in the blink of an eye. There are things I urgently want to create and do. I feel like 2013 was largely a year of learning and growth and I want 2014 to be a year of Implementation and Action. I’m glad you guys will be here with me, egging me on/ Don’t let me slack off!
How about you? What do you want to do with the 365 days you will hopefully receive in 2014? Will this be your break-out year? Will you finally accomplish the things that you have carried over from year to year? Can you see where you have been blocked from accomplishing those things? Can you see a way around and through?
Need some Inspiration?
For me, THIS song did it today.
This level of Epic.
This level of Urgency.
This size of dream.
30 Second to Mars, Do or Die: