As Vegan MoFo draws to a close this weekend, I find myself nominated for a blog award! Elitefood.wordpress.com gave the Liebster award to me and 4 other International vegan bloggers from Slovenia, Brazil, Sweden and Canada.
Cool huh? Thanks Elitefood!
The rules of winning this award are as follows:
1. Show your thanks to those who gave you the award by linking back to them. Check!
2. Reveal 5 of your top picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog. See Below.
3. Post the award on your blog. TaDa!
4. Enjoy the love and support of some wonderful people on the www! Show me some love baby!
So, here are my choices. You are going to want to visit and bookmark these gorgeous blogs! You’re welcome.
1. Fork and Beans (www.forkandbeans.wordpress.com) has done an adorable Halloween themed MoFo and I am bowled over by her creativity and photography skills. My kids actually wish she was their mom. Plus recipes are vegan AND gluten-free. But honestly, she had me at Junior Mints.
2. Scissors and Spice (www.scissorsandspice.com). Again, super creative, and so much amazing photography that my entire pinterest account is basically Scissors and Spice. Oh, and yesterday I made her Vegan Milanos. These are the only 2 left!
3. Almost Vegan Chef (www.almostveganchef.com). Not only delicious vegan recipes, but reviews of local vegan restaurants which make me extremely jealous and momentarily sad that I don’t live in the North America. Now, I may or may not have been influenced to vote for her because of these Raw Raspberry Cream Filled Chocolate Candies. You will have to click that link to see those!
5. Vegan Culinary Crusade (www.veganculinarycrusade.com) is my go-to vegan food porn recipe inspiration site. Anyone who makes nut cheese that is this beautiful is basically fabulous in my book. Go there, make me that cheese, and then invite me over. I will grant you fabulousness.
As for me, today’s recipe is super simple but oh so yummy. Gabi brought a version of these to the Vegan Potluck and they were devoured before he even set the plate on the table:
You can can use any combination of veggies you have on hand.
- 1 whole wheat wrap
- 1 Tbsp non-hydrogenated tofu cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1 grated carrot
- 1/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 tomato, sliced
- Put the tortilla on a plate.
- Warm in the microwave for 30 seconds. (Can also warm over a gas burner).
- Mix cream cheese and chili sauce.
- Spread on the warmed tortilla.
- Add remaining veggies to tortilla.
- Roll up and eat!
This post is participating in Healthy Vegan Fridays HERE. Check out all the recipes!