OK, so yeah, I am not doing so well with Vegan MoFo. I’m just really busy lately. Doing important stuff like this…
And, you know… feeding people:
This creamy, lemony dish uses no dairy and no soy. Soaked cashews do the trick!
- 1 package pasta of choice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups of mushrooms, chopped
- 6 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 cup raw, unroasted and unsalted cashews, soaked in water for at least 1 hour
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1-2 tsp miso or bouillon (or just use salt to taste)
- about 1 cup pasta cooking water
- Prepare pasta per package instructions
- Before you drain the pasta, take off 1-2 cups of the cooking water and set aside.
- Drain the pasta and rinse in cold water. Set aside.
- In the same pot you cooked the pasta, heat the oil.
- Saute onion for 4-5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, garlic and spinach and saute everything until soft.
- Meanwhile, drain the cashews.
- Put cashews in the food processor with the garlic, basil, and lemon juice.
- Process until well chopped.
- Slowly add in pasta water until you achieve a smooth sauce.
- Season with nutritional yeast and miso, bouillon or salt to taste.
- Pour sauce into pot with cooked vegetables.
- Add pasta and toss until all is combined.