A super quick blog today and an easy, quick recipe. Sukkot starts tonight and I’m busy preparing. This recipe comes from Veg Fusion with as usual, several changes by moi. It comes together in a flash and tastes great.
I’ll be back on Sunday to bring us into the Vegan MoFo 2013 Home Stretch! Chag Sameach to those celebrating!
- 1 500g can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 scallion, chopped (green onion)
- 1 handful chopped fresh cilantro (you can sub parsley if you are a cilantro hater)
- 1 Tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- juice of 1/2 lime or lemon
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp silan (date syrup) or other natural sweetener
- 1 tsp smoked paprika (or sweet if you really can't find smoked)
- Place chickpeas in a bowl.
- In another bowl, stir together mayo, lime/lemon, silan, olive oil and paprika.
- Pour dressing over chickpeas and toss to combine.
- Add scallions and cilantro and toss lightly.
- Better if left to rest for a bit before serving.
This post is participating in Healthy Vegan Fridays.Pin It