Last year I made free ebook and gave it away to thank the 1,000 people who had liked my facebook business page. Now that we are closing in on 2,000 fans, I have decided to take the ebook down and will be publishing the recipes here on the blog. That way you can pin them and share them more easily.
Up first is this amazing Nice Cream Parfait with Rawnola. What, the what? “Nice cream” is ice cream made out of frozen bananas. No milk, no cream, no sugar. Just frozen bananas in the food processor with a splash of plant milk and whatever flavorings you like. It’s delicious and super easy!
“Rawnola” is basically raw granola. Again, in the food processor, you pulse together oats, dates, coconut. Voila, no-bake, instantly ready, no sugar, no oil granola!
This pretty parfait combines the two.
- 2 frozen bananas, broken into chunks
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-4 Tbsp plant milk or water
- 1 scoop vegan protein powder (optional)
- Few sprinkles of Rawnola (recipe follows)
- ½ cup uncooked oats
- 7 Medjool dates, pitted
- ½ cup dried coconut flakes
- Pulse oats, dates and coconut in food processor until it looks like granola.
- Remove from food processor and wipe food processor clean.
- (Extra rawnola should be stored in the refrigerator).
- Place bananas in food processor.
- Add vanilla, 2 Tbsp plant milk of your choice, and protein powder if using.
- Run the food processor for 15 seconds to break up the bananas.
- Check the consistency. If it's ice cream-like and creamy, stop there. If it is dry and lumpy, drizzle in a tiny bit more plant milk with the motor running until desired texture is reached. Remember, once you've gone too far, you can't go back, so don't add too much liquid! But if you do, don't worry, you've got a smoothie.
- Remove half of the mixture and place in your serving jar.
- Top with a layer of rawnola or fruit.
- Add the blueberries to the remaining mixture in the food processor and again process just until smooth and creamy.
- Place blueberry mixture on top of banana mixture in jar.
- Top with more rawnola and fruits of choice and enjoy!