1. The animals, the environment, my physical health, my spiritual health. I plan on talking more on each of those subjects in the days to come. (But not in a self-indulgent, boring, navel-gazing way!)
2. Dairy is gross. It’s cow breast milk. I’ll say more about this later, but basically, Ick.
3. Eggs are chicken periods. I mean seriously. WHY are we eating the product of their reproductive cycle?? I wouldn’t eat something that came out my own hoo-haw, so….
4. You still with me? Good, stick around. I promise this will be fun and non-preachy scary. Most of the time.
4. I’m ready to lose a little more weight. I have been holding steady here for almost 7 years now, after losing 70 lbs. It’s fine, I’m a normal weight and my blood sugar numbers look good, but I am finally ready to get a bit leaner. I have a feeling this is going to help me get there.
5. I have lactose intolerance. I contiually play Russian roulette with my digestive tract and that’s just dumb.
6. The last and potentially most exciting reason for me, is that I am finally in a position to influence a larger audience of people. Already many of my nutrition clients are embracing vegetarianism in their lives, from going all the way, to eliminating dairy, to just including more vegetarian dishes now and then. It’s all good. Every little bit we do helps. Every animal we don’t eat is…well, an animal we don’t eat. And an artery in our own body that doesn’t get more clogged.
So please, stick with me here, check back often, be inspired by a recipe, enjoy my writing, challenge some of your own ideas about the food we eat. I promise to make this FUN! Or funny. Or embarrasing, which will be funny for everyone except me. So still funny for you.
I’ll see you all tomorrow armed to the teeth with Tofu!